Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Tasty Butter Substitute

 

Post-Earth BalanceWhen I went vegan I was a little sad that I would no longer be able to eat butter. I thought, gone were the days of warm toast and melting butter with jam. But alas, I was wrong. My mother (who is also a fellow vegan) turned me onto a yummy butter substitute. Earth Balance is a wonderful substitute that tastes just like butter. In fact, I made the trade to this buttery concoction months before my husband ever noticed that it wasn’t the “real” thing. Earth Balance has a variety of spreads to choose from and they are all vegan. Plus, they also carry vegan shortening and buttery sticks that are great to bake with.

Earth Balance also makes soymilk and peanut butter spreads. Check out all of their products at www.earthbalancenatural.com.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, their stuff is great. I featured it in a blog post about vegan recipe substitutions: http://ingredientcritic.com/vegan-recipe-substitutions-doing-away-with-dairy

    ReplyDelete