Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Kinder Way of Life

Post-Kind Diet
With all this rain here in Austin it makes me want to snuggle up on the couch with my dog and a good book. The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone is pretty much the reason why my sister and I went vegan. It is also how we got our name, Keep Austin Kind. If you have not read this book, it comes highly recommended by the Two Vegan Sisters. Alicia gives it to you straight, but not in a harsh way like some other books have. The book is loaded with lots of great information regarding our meat industry, our dairy industry, and our earth. She backs up her info with some easy to understand science and data, but nothing to hardcore to lose you. It’s forthright, funny, and wonderfully humanizing. It was without a doubt one of my favorite reads of 2010. I read it cover to cover in one day. YES, it was that good and that easy to read. Plus, there are yummy recipes in the back. I just tried pan fried mochi this morning and it was AWESOME! A post of that will be forthcoming :)
Enjoy my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment