Monday, March 14, 2011

She's One Skinny Bitch!

   For those of you who have never read any of the Skinny Bitch books, I strongly reccommend them. Now, they are definitely not for everyone because they do give a very no nonsense approach to veganism and how the current eating standards in America is killing us. Authors Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin give you the raw truth, nothing sugar-coated about it. Their style of writing may not appeal to everyone, but the information they are giving is absolutely priceless.

After reading Skinny Bitch, I of course moved on to their other books and their recipe book. I liked all of them and urge you to read them if you can. I however, have discovered and have fallen in love with the newest edition to the series. Enter Kim Barnouin's Skinny Bitch: Ultimate Everyday Cookbook. I truly love this book. First off, it's got loads of great pictures that make your mouth water. Secondly, the recipes are easy to follow and do not have so many ingredients that they lose you and thankfully Kim explains any technical cooking jargon in simple terms. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, the recipes also rock!

I have had this cookbook for about 5 months now and I have not been dissappointed once. My absolute favorite is the pear crosstini. It is scrumptious! Border's in the Domain is closing their store and everything is on sale. This is a great time to head over and check to see if you can add this cookbook to your collection. If you can't find it there I know Target and Barnes and Noble both carry it and of course you can always find it on Amazon. You can also check Kim out online at http://www.healthybitchdaily.com/

Enjoy skinny bitches!


2 comments:

  1. I just read Skinny Bitch and could not put it down! My daughter and I have been vegan for almost a year now and absolutely love every second of it. Love your site here--found it through the link you posted on the Kind Life. Also, I got my Skinny Bitch book at Half Price Books here in College Station, the new one on University Dr, it was not on the shelf so I asked if they had it. The guy pulled out a copy from behind the counter to my surprise. Guess they keep it behind the counter because of the title? Anyway I was soo happy to pay half price for a new copy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @r.macy: so glad you found the site! And so glad you're a fellow vegan. As my mother says, "It feels good to harm none." :)

    ReplyDelete