Thursday, March 10, 2011

An Encounter with Counter Culture

   Looking for lunch in all the wrong places? Well the Two Vegan Sisters have got just the place for you! We met for lunch yesterday and decided to try out Counter Culture on North Loop. I have been meaning to go by there since it's so close to my office, but I had never gotten around to it. So when my sister mentioned it yesterday as our late lunch destination I was immediately stoked! However, in hindsight, nothing could have prepared me for the delighful deliciousness that was instore.

   For those of you who have never been there, Counter Culture is a Vegan Trailer Eatery that is located on the corner of North Loop and Avenue F. It is across the street from Room Service and next to Blackbird. The quaint little trailer is bright turquiose so you can't really miss it. You can order to go or find a seat at one of their picnic tables in the back. My sister and I opted for an outdoor picnic table lunch because of the perfect weather.


We split out lunch and shared. We both had a half of the Philly and a half of their special, Sausage and Sauerkraut. It was so good! So good in fact, I'm planning on going back today! I had the pleasure of meeting Sue and she was kind enough to split our sandwiches for us when she overheard us talking about sharing our grub.

The Philly was my favorite! : ) Truly out of this world! It's seitan with sauteed bell pepers and onions with cashew cheese. It's a flavor explosion like no other. The Sausage and Sauerkraut was also awesome! The sausage was spicy and it was topped with old fashioned yellow mustard. How can you go wrong? Yummy!
If you have not been, you must try it! It comes highly reccommend by the two vegan sisters. Check them out online here or find them on Facebook. If you need their address check out our Restaurants Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment